Good Grief, John Boy - Part Twelve
Well, I wish I could do one big final "What Have You Learned, Charlie Brown?" but life isn't like that. The show continued throughout the weekend without incident and then just stopped. It was so popular, we added an extra show. Congratulations, Peter. Let's hope the audience stays interested. I got to know some of the members of the cast, and they seem like nice people. This little artistic world in Nelson County sure is interesting - professionals, teachers, commune members, one guy who's got his own CD of songs and will be performing there in February. Gregg, in Charlottesville, has invited me to dinner with his family. I've been sick both times we've planned it - sinus attacks, suffering from the second one now, as a matter of fact. Oy! Make it stop!
Peter's already got a season picked out. He says he wants to do classic, American Realism. I'll have to find out what that means ... or maybe not. As far as I know, the next play is in rehearsal. Boomie's been made the managing director of the theater. I'll have to find out what that means ... or maybe not. I've learned that I can still memorize lines and spit them out again. I've learned that people like the way I sing "Oh Holy Night" I've learned a cloak and a sweater do not necessarily a Jamaican vampire make. Oh, and I've learned that I can now walk the three blocks uphill to the bus stop without pausing for breath or back. All and all, it was fun, though not without misadventure ... and I find it a little harder to go back to just sitting on my ass throughout the weekends. I'll have to do something about that ... or maybe not.
Peter's already got a season picked out. He says he wants to do classic, American Realism. I'll have to find out what that means ... or maybe not. As far as I know, the next play is in rehearsal. Boomie's been made the managing director of the theater. I'll have to find out what that means ... or maybe not. I've learned that I can still memorize lines and spit them out again. I've learned that people like the way I sing "Oh Holy Night" I've learned a cloak and a sweater do not necessarily a Jamaican vampire make. Oh, and I've learned that I can now walk the three blocks uphill to the bus stop without pausing for breath or back. All and all, it was fun, though not without misadventure ... and I find it a little harder to go back to just sitting on my ass throughout the weekends. I'll have to do something about that ... or maybe not.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home