Life in Freefall: Pinched
Had a dream this morning.
Don't worry, I won't go into a lot of detail. Some people really don't like listening to other people's dreams. What is that about? I think it's fascinating. And you always want to share yours. At least I want to share mine, but somehow that's taboo.
And of course, now in our Post-Freudian culture, every discussion of dreams has to be followed by a dream interpretation. Though I don't suppose that's necessarily Freudian. People have been trying to interpret dreams stretching back through human history. Freud just gave us a new system.
I wonder what it's like for cats and dogs when they dream ... or monkeys and chimps. (One day I'll have to look up the difference between those two.) Do they dream? I assume so. I wonder how many species dream. Do horses dream? Do fish dream? Could we tell? (Would we care? Sorry. I'm not a fish person. I don't even eat much sea food.)
But anyway, when cats dream and they wake up, are they just like, "I'm chasing the bird. I'm chasing the bird. I'm chasing the bi--I'm sitting on the couch. Where's everything else? I'm sitting on the couch. Where' everything else? I'm sitting on the couch. I'm sitting on the couch. I should wash myself. I'm gonna wash myself." Do their dreams ever stay with them or are they zen-like and always just into doing what they're doing when they're doing it?
I've got a lot to do today. I should get started. Gotta' catch up on my grading for my online class, re-read Doctor Faustus or at least skim it, write a post about it. Frankly, I don't think I'm going to get it all done, especially with some grocery shopping and a breakfast time meeting with someone about a theater thing. I need to practice guitar as well. I'm really sick of having so much to do. If I wiped my plate of all those things, I could still fill the day with tasks. My life has become as junky as my apartment, piles of shit waiting for me to get to them and clean them up.
Not the life I dreamed of.
But now I'm doing this. Now I'm doing this. Now I'm doing this.
Don't worry, I won't go into a lot of detail. Some people really don't like listening to other people's dreams. What is that about? I think it's fascinating. And you always want to share yours. At least I want to share mine, but somehow that's taboo.
And of course, now in our Post-Freudian culture, every discussion of dreams has to be followed by a dream interpretation. Though I don't suppose that's necessarily Freudian. People have been trying to interpret dreams stretching back through human history. Freud just gave us a new system.
I wonder what it's like for cats and dogs when they dream ... or monkeys and chimps. (One day I'll have to look up the difference between those two.) Do they dream? I assume so. I wonder how many species dream. Do horses dream? Do fish dream? Could we tell? (Would we care? Sorry. I'm not a fish person. I don't even eat much sea food.)
But anyway, when cats dream and they wake up, are they just like, "I'm chasing the bird. I'm chasing the bird. I'm chasing the bi--I'm sitting on the couch. Where's everything else? I'm sitting on the couch. Where' everything else? I'm sitting on the couch. I'm sitting on the couch. I should wash myself. I'm gonna wash myself." Do their dreams ever stay with them or are they zen-like and always just into doing what they're doing when they're doing it?
I've got a lot to do today. I should get started. Gotta' catch up on my grading for my online class, re-read Doctor Faustus or at least skim it, write a post about it. Frankly, I don't think I'm going to get it all done, especially with some grocery shopping and a breakfast time meeting with someone about a theater thing. I need to practice guitar as well. I'm really sick of having so much to do. If I wiped my plate of all those things, I could still fill the day with tasks. My life has become as junky as my apartment, piles of shit waiting for me to get to them and clean them up.
Not the life I dreamed of.
But now I'm doing this. Now I'm doing this. Now I'm doing this.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home