Friday, June 03, 2011

Life in Freefall

God! That was a hellish semester ... and my last one.

I don't like to think that I'm not going back next year. I really liked being a professor ... being a professor here, in the town that I like. It felt right. It's what I wanted. I wanted something, I got it, and now it's gone. I'm angry, upset, and bitter with no one to focus those feelings on except for the fuckheads who decided to push de-regulation in the Reagan years to garner more money for themselves at the expense of the financial stability of the nation. Or maybe I should get angry at the fuckheads who voted the people into office who were doing the bidding of those other people. Trickle Down Theory -- allow the rich to become richer and the non-rich will get swept up in their rich wake. Yeah, 'cause it's always been the case that having a privileged, aristocratic caste able to fill their coffers with no restraint has spelled growing prosperity for a society as a whole. Maybe I should be angry at the fuckheads who've de-emphasized Humanities and basic sound economic education, leaving people unable to wade through the bullshit they're being served.

Or maybe I should just be angry at myself for being a pathetic, self-pitying loser whose not strong enough to do the things that need to be done.

Yeah, I think that's the way I'm going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home