Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Working, Working, Working. I'm Such a Jerking.

I've been up since just before 5:00 AM and have been preparing for classes tomorrow. I think I have seriously fucked myself over.

I've loaded (probably overloaded) my schedule. On top of the two classes and the show that I'm scheduled to teach, I've also agreed to teach another class and a one-on-one class with a student. The "another" class only meets once a week and usually doesn't require any prep. (This week, it does.) The one-on-one shouldn't require as much prep as a full class but still requires some.

However, of the two regular classes, one is new and the other is revamped. That means full-prep for the first and "may as well be full prep" for the other.

Add to this the fact that I'm part-time this semester (just in pay, I guess, and not in workload) so I'm working 23 hours at the wineshop (Full shifts Mondays and Sundays. Half shifts Wednesdays and Fridays).

So just to add it all together that comes to: full prep + "may as well be full prep" + prep for a show + some prep * occasional prep + "Ugh! I gotta go to the wineshop." which equals ... waking up in front of my computer just before 5:00 AM and picking up where I left off working last night.

On the plus side, I'm getting stuff done.

On the weird side, someone showed me a really cool a capella arrangement of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" on YouTube last night, and the song has been in my head since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home