Fear of Stalling
Friday my car shut off when I came to a stop. It started up again, so I wasn't stranded in the middle of the road. And that's good.
That makes the third time my car has done that. I figure the first time you say, "Hm. That was weird." The second time you say, "Ooookay. This might just be something. Please don't let this be something." And then the third time you say, "That's it! Time to check it out." I have an appointment at the car dealership on Monday.
Why do things for me always break down on weekends? Mechanical or biological, I feel like I've frequently had to wait for Monday to get things checked out. It's a pain. I had all these errands I was going to do Saturday that I just threw out the door. And, on top of that, since the last time I used my raft of bus tickets, it turns out that they've discontinued using the ones I bought. And of course, City Hall, where you get new tickets, opens again on ... you got it ... Monday. That just miffs my mood ... and I'm very low on milk.
Hey, I like milk.
I think I'll drive my car up and down my street to see if it does it again. If not, I might risk a drive to the corner store.
That makes the third time my car has done that. I figure the first time you say, "Hm. That was weird." The second time you say, "Ooookay. This might just be something. Please don't let this be something." And then the third time you say, "That's it! Time to check it out." I have an appointment at the car dealership on Monday.
Why do things for me always break down on weekends? Mechanical or biological, I feel like I've frequently had to wait for Monday to get things checked out. It's a pain. I had all these errands I was going to do Saturday that I just threw out the door. And, on top of that, since the last time I used my raft of bus tickets, it turns out that they've discontinued using the ones I bought. And of course, City Hall, where you get new tickets, opens again on ... you got it ... Monday. That just miffs my mood ... and I'm very low on milk.
Hey, I like milk.
I think I'll drive my car up and down my street to see if it does it again. If not, I might risk a drive to the corner store.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home