Where I Have Been
You know, I kinda forgot that I have a blog. I don't mean to keep it fallow for so long. I just get caught up with stuff.
So the latest project is Macbeth, Ph.D., an all-female actor, all-female character adaptation of Macbeth. Lady Macbeth is still a lady. She and Macbeth are lesbians. I've set it in a fictional women's college in a fictional 1952.
So it's Dunsinane Women's College run by President Regina Duncan and her two favorites, Dr. Grace Malcolm, Dean of the College and Dr. Martha Donalbain, Dean of Students. Underneath them are a series of professors like Macbeth, Banquo, Ross, and Macduff and their TA's. Nearby is rival school, Birnam Wood College for Women.
I've kept the language the same except for changing the gender identifiers and some words here and there to smooth over the adaptation.
It goes up Wednesday and has been a source of great consternation since, long story/short, we just don't have enough competent students to work it. So Terry (my boss), Sam (the Technical Director), and I are trying to pull the show together with what help we have.
Last Friday was the first day of Tech. We only got half way through the show. Tonight, we'll try for the second half, and I don't know if the fog machine is even going to work or if I'll get a chance to go over cues for the last third of the show with stage management and board ops.
Looking ahead, I'm really torn between doing really low production shows (which we can do simply but will look rinky-dink) and doing medium stuff like this (that taxes us but that the students can be proud of).
Okay, I must shower, shit, and shave and be off so I can get some grading done and be around for last minute questions.
1. Must pick up lotion on the way there for Lady's spell casting scene.
2. Should pick up towels as well to wipe off blood.
3. ... There's something I'm forgetting ... shit.
So the latest project is Macbeth, Ph.D., an all-female actor, all-female character adaptation of Macbeth. Lady Macbeth is still a lady. She and Macbeth are lesbians. I've set it in a fictional women's college in a fictional 1952.
So it's Dunsinane Women's College run by President Regina Duncan and her two favorites, Dr. Grace Malcolm, Dean of the College and Dr. Martha Donalbain, Dean of Students. Underneath them are a series of professors like Macbeth, Banquo, Ross, and Macduff and their TA's. Nearby is rival school, Birnam Wood College for Women.
I've kept the language the same except for changing the gender identifiers and some words here and there to smooth over the adaptation.
It goes up Wednesday and has been a source of great consternation since, long story/short, we just don't have enough competent students to work it. So Terry (my boss), Sam (the Technical Director), and I are trying to pull the show together with what help we have.
Last Friday was the first day of Tech. We only got half way through the show. Tonight, we'll try for the second half, and I don't know if the fog machine is even going to work or if I'll get a chance to go over cues for the last third of the show with stage management and board ops.
Looking ahead, I'm really torn between doing really low production shows (which we can do simply but will look rinky-dink) and doing medium stuff like this (that taxes us but that the students can be proud of).
Okay, I must shower, shit, and shave and be off so I can get some grading done and be around for last minute questions.
1. Must pick up lotion on the way there for Lady's spell casting scene.
2. Should pick up towels as well to wipe off blood.
3. ... There's something I'm forgetting ... shit.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home