Sunday, April 25, 2010

Heading South for Hitler

Today I'm going down to Roanoke to be a consulting director for my friend and personal theater guru, Todd. He's acting in his own one-man play about Hitler called Under a Banner of Shadow.

He's directed the show before and knows what he wants. My understanding is that this time, for the most part, he's directed himself. (I think this is his first time acting in the whole play himself.) He just wants someone to come in and double check him as an outside eye. That's me. Lucky.

The thing is, Todd's written the play with the intention of damning Hitler with his own words, and he's done it well. An awful lot of research and an awful lot of passion has gone into this with Todd trying to get into this guy's skull. The result is that we're with Hitler, in a bunker, in his last hours.

So that means I've got five hours ahead of me, in a bunker, with Hitler ... a chilling prospect to say the least. I think it's going to be Bugs Bunny cartoons for the rest of the night.

It's gotta' be worse for Todd. I mean, he's got to try to get into the skin of one of the monsters of the 20th Century.

The things we do in theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home