Lost!
Fuck!!!!
I first taught Suzan-Lori Parks' Topdog/Underdog when I was in grad school. The play features two brothers fighting, among other things, over who is the best 3-Card Monte player. So since grad school I've been looking for a filmed game of 3-Card Monte to show my students who don't know what it is.
Now, I've just watched the beginning of Season 3, Episode 20 of House, M.D. which starts with a clearly filmed 3-Card Monte game. Perfect ... except two months ago the new edition of the theater anthology that we use came out having replaced Topdog/Underdog with another of Parks' plays.
Useless.
Fuck!!!
I first taught Suzan-Lori Parks' Topdog/Underdog when I was in grad school. The play features two brothers fighting, among other things, over who is the best 3-Card Monte player. So since grad school I've been looking for a filmed game of 3-Card Monte to show my students who don't know what it is.
Now, I've just watched the beginning of Season 3, Episode 20 of House, M.D. which starts with a clearly filmed 3-Card Monte game. Perfect ... except two months ago the new edition of the theater anthology that we use came out having replaced Topdog/Underdog with another of Parks' plays.
Useless.
Fuck!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home