Writing, Writing, Writing
So this will have been the summer of writing.
Ever since the end of my class, I've been holed up in my apartment working on a full-length play. I promised someone I'd have a rough draft to them by the end of last week. As you can tell, I'm behind.
I've got the first act done (first draft-wise, that is) and am slogging my way through the second. Today, I've working on the hardest part for me. It's a split scene where I'm bouncing back and forth between two scenes. It's hard to get a sense of it's general structure beforehand, so I'm just seeing how it develops. It's slow going, especially considering I didn't get much sleep last night, even for me -- just couldn't drop off.
I don't need this to be slow going. This year, in addition to my two normal classes, I'm teaching a class I've never taught before. I need to prepare for that. Also, when school starts at the beginning of September not only will I have classes, but I'll go right into auditions for and rehearsals for Nunsense at school, a musical that I'll just have four weeks to put on.
I'm taking a break now. Gonna' have some dinner.
Ever since the end of my class, I've been holed up in my apartment working on a full-length play. I promised someone I'd have a rough draft to them by the end of last week. As you can tell, I'm behind.
I've got the first act done (first draft-wise, that is) and am slogging my way through the second. Today, I've working on the hardest part for me. It's a split scene where I'm bouncing back and forth between two scenes. It's hard to get a sense of it's general structure beforehand, so I'm just seeing how it develops. It's slow going, especially considering I didn't get much sleep last night, even for me -- just couldn't drop off.
I don't need this to be slow going. This year, in addition to my two normal classes, I'm teaching a class I've never taught before. I need to prepare for that. Also, when school starts at the beginning of September not only will I have classes, but I'll go right into auditions for and rehearsals for Nunsense at school, a musical that I'll just have four weeks to put on.
I'm taking a break now. Gonna' have some dinner.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home