Star Trek Suspicions Supported; Speculating About Suspension
***Warning" More Star Trek***
I thought so.
And all it took was me getting off my ass and doing a web search to confirm it.
Production dates are different then broadcast dates. "Where No Man Has Gone Before," the second pilot, was the first episode shot in the run, followed by "The Corbomite Maneuver" and then "Mudd's Women" (the episodes that have Uhura in the gold uniform). Fascinating ...
Now I'm not quite sure what to do next. If part of what I want to do is watch how the show develops and how the actors get a hold of their characters and how the production teams put together this thing called Star Trek, then I should start over and watch these episodes in production order.
"Yeah! Yeah! And then control your impulse to tell us about it!" you say.
Fair enough.
But then again, there's something to be said for actually having the experience I didn't have as a kid, that is seeing them as they were broadcast, not just in the jumble of syndication. Except ... that something to be said is that I get to see things develop, which just gets weird watching broadcast order.
Hmm ...
I think I have to start over.
Damn. I don't wanna watch "Charlie X" again. It's disturbing. And "Miri" is the double fun combination of bad and disturbing.
Maybe I'll lay off of Classic Trek for a few months, recharge my batteries. Maybe this is a project for next summer. In fact, maybe the thing to do is to start a completely separate blog for that.
"Project? What type of geek sets watching TV as a project?"
Uh ... that would be the Star Trek TV geek.
... which is different from a Trekee. I don't go to conventions or own replica uniforms or speak Klingon or live with my parents or tell my friends to "Live Long and Prosper" or argue about who's a better captain -- Kirk or Piccard?
I just like the show, okay. Geez.
I thought so.
And all it took was me getting off my ass and doing a web search to confirm it.
Production dates are different then broadcast dates. "Where No Man Has Gone Before," the second pilot, was the first episode shot in the run, followed by "The Corbomite Maneuver" and then "Mudd's Women" (the episodes that have Uhura in the gold uniform). Fascinating ...
Now I'm not quite sure what to do next. If part of what I want to do is watch how the show develops and how the actors get a hold of their characters and how the production teams put together this thing called Star Trek, then I should start over and watch these episodes in production order.
"Yeah! Yeah! And then control your impulse to tell us about it!" you say.
Fair enough.
But then again, there's something to be said for actually having the experience I didn't have as a kid, that is seeing them as they were broadcast, not just in the jumble of syndication. Except ... that something to be said is that I get to see things develop, which just gets weird watching broadcast order.
Hmm ...
I think I have to start over.
Damn. I don't wanna watch "Charlie X" again. It's disturbing. And "Miri" is the double fun combination of bad and disturbing.
Maybe I'll lay off of Classic Trek for a few months, recharge my batteries. Maybe this is a project for next summer. In fact, maybe the thing to do is to start a completely separate blog for that.
"Project? What type of geek sets watching TV as a project?"
Uh ... that would be the Star Trek TV geek.
... which is different from a Trekee. I don't go to conventions or own replica uniforms or speak Klingon or live with my parents or tell my friends to "Live Long and Prosper" or argue about who's a better captain -- Kirk or Piccard?
I just like the show, okay. Geez.
1 Comments:
Methinks thou dost protest too much - You've no need to dress like Klingon, you're just hiding your Klingon heritage under a very convincing set of dreads...
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home