Thursday, April 17, 2008

Big DC Buzz for AIBEY

Holy Shit!

I just talked to the box office person for Charter Theatre. She says response has been great for Am I Black Enough, Yet?. Their online ticket site, Gold Star, apparently had it listed as a "Rave of the Week" or something like that. The Washington Post has a snarky review -- that gives away the main conceit of the show as well as the climactic revelations of flagship pieces of both the first and second acts (Non existent God in Fairy Tale Heaven! Do I hate critics!!) -- that at least has some nice things to say about the piece.

I mean ... now I'm starting to let myself get excited.

Not to say that Roanoke and Nellysford and Charlottesville are all peanuts it's just ...

Look, I'm originally from midwestern suburbs, right? And like a childhood bought of Polio, you don't fully shake something like that. In midwestern suburbs you grow up understanding that ... or, at least, I grew up understanding that things like having a popular play in a major Eastern city (albeit the more minor of the major ones) are things that happen to other people.

Well, this thing isn't happening to someone else. It's actually happening ... to me ... gulp!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

W000t! (as I believe the kids say)

But where are the links to the reviews you silly man? Oh well, on to the Google...

Get down with your bad self. :)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home