Star-lottesville!
COOOOOLLL!!!
Two Charlottesvillians that I know just got big time national awards!
Sarah White just won this year's Mountain Stage Song Writing Contest! And if you think that's something, Corey Harris has just won a MacArthur Genius Grant!!!!
Isn't that so cool! It's a big artistic feather in the cap of our little town, and a great thing for me, because, of course, both Sarah and Corey are, like, big time personal friends of mine.
Oh yeah! For sure! Sarah comes into the shop all the time, where we always have deep, yet clever conversations about art, fame, and music -- like this one ...
"Hey, Sarah!"
"Out of my way, worm."
or this one ...
"Nice shoes, Sarah!"
"Somebody get this freak off the floor or I'm calling the cops!"
And Corey? Fugeddaboudit! Corey and I go wayyyy back! I put $2 in his guitar case back when he was playing on the street and I was in Legal Aid. Nobody back then thought he would go far, but I knew different. In fact, I remember saying, when he was playing at the corner of W. Main and Third, that he'd make it all the way to the corner of E. Main and Fifth Street. You know, I'm pretty sure that Corey's Grammy nominated album, Wish He'd Leave Town is inspired by me. Sigh! It's hard being the muse behind the Genius.
Anyway, yea Charlottesville!
Two Charlottesvillians that I know just got big time national awards!
Sarah White just won this year's Mountain Stage Song Writing Contest! And if you think that's something, Corey Harris has just won a MacArthur Genius Grant!!!!
Isn't that so cool! It's a big artistic feather in the cap of our little town, and a great thing for me, because, of course, both Sarah and Corey are, like, big time personal friends of mine.
Oh yeah! For sure! Sarah comes into the shop all the time, where we always have deep, yet clever conversations about art, fame, and music -- like this one ...
"Hey, Sarah!"
"Out of my way, worm."
or this one ...
"Nice shoes, Sarah!"
"Somebody get this freak off the floor or I'm calling the cops!"
And Corey? Fugeddaboudit! Corey and I go wayyyy back! I put $2 in his guitar case back when he was playing on the street and I was in Legal Aid. Nobody back then thought he would go far, but I knew different. In fact, I remember saying, when he was playing at the corner of W. Main and Third, that he'd make it all the way to the corner of E. Main and Fifth Street. You know, I'm pretty sure that Corey's Grammy nominated album, Wish He'd Leave Town is inspired by me. Sigh! It's hard being the muse behind the Genius.
Anyway, yea Charlottesville!
1 Comments:
I'm so confused I hardly know what to think. Am I missing the Dr. Clayton Forrester for the trees? The facts for the sarcasm? The big fish for the small pond? The congratualtions for the self-abuse?
I'd always assumed that text was for communication (I was so gullible)! But I'm starting to feel like it's mostly used for miscommunication...
Curse you Rupert Murdoch!
Please give my wife a big hug for me when you see her.
-Lee
Post a Comment
<< Home