Chew, Chew, Chew
I'm emarrassed to say that once again I've bitten off more than I can chew. I already have three productions on my plate for this season. Auditions for The Vic at the college are in a couple of weeks. I'm talking to designers for In the Blood at Live Arts. Auditions for that will be in December. I'm looking down the road to Guys & Dolls after that.
Like I said, I've got enough to do ... but on top of that ... please don't be mad at me ... on top of that, I let my Nelson Co., Hamner Theatre friend, Boomie, talk me into directing one of the short pieces for the Hamner Festival of Hamner Playwrights.
Basically, they've got six shows (five 10-20 minute plays and one 40 minute play). One of the pieces is the latest piece that I've written for my play. That's not the one that I'm directing. I'm directing a great little piece by Billy Aronson. Apparently he's a friend of Boomie's from college. I even met him. He came down to see a rehearsal. He was very nice and very cool. Oh, look! The Hamner's got this whole section on their website about the festival.
Anyway, just time-wise I know I shouldn't've taken the gig ... but I did. I told myself it wouldn't take a lot of work, and it hasn't, but it doesn't take a lot of work to put the squeeze on my life right now. I wouldn't take odds on this week's grading being done. And strangely enough, when it seems like they're not paying any attention to you, when it seems like they don't care about the class, when it seems like they disparage having to do the assignments in the first place, one thing that students do seem to care about is that you get them they're grades as soon as possible. Sigh!
Well, better get to work.
Like I said, I've got enough to do ... but on top of that ... please don't be mad at me ... on top of that, I let my Nelson Co., Hamner Theatre friend, Boomie, talk me into directing one of the short pieces for the Hamner Festival of Hamner Playwrights.
Basically, they've got six shows (five 10-20 minute plays and one 40 minute play). One of the pieces is the latest piece that I've written for my play. That's not the one that I'm directing. I'm directing a great little piece by Billy Aronson. Apparently he's a friend of Boomie's from college. I even met him. He came down to see a rehearsal. He was very nice and very cool. Oh, look! The Hamner's got this whole section on their website about the festival.
Anyway, just time-wise I know I shouldn't've taken the gig ... but I did. I told myself it wouldn't take a lot of work, and it hasn't, but it doesn't take a lot of work to put the squeeze on my life right now. I wouldn't take odds on this week's grading being done. And strangely enough, when it seems like they're not paying any attention to you, when it seems like they don't care about the class, when it seems like they disparage having to do the assignments in the first place, one thing that students do seem to care about is that you get them they're grades as soon as possible. Sigh!
Well, better get to work.
1 Comments:
I am, like everyone who cares about you i daresay, deeply concerned about your health.
Heaven knows, I'm thrilled to see you doing so well and working so hard. But I'd have been excited for John Belushi's successes too. And look how happy his friends are with him now...
Much love,
Lee
Post a Comment
<< Home