Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bedeviled, Frazzled, and Bewildered

Aggggghhhh!

So many things! So many things!

In the Feast and Famine Cycle of my life, I'm definitely in the Feast portion.

Spent time today driving over the mountain in sleet. Roads slushy and wet but mostly clear. Still it was "Slow and Steady, Wins the Race" where a 45 minute trip took an hour and a half. And that was me being lucky. Right before I left, the daughter of one of the other professors called to say she was on the highway, at a dead stop while an accident was being cleared. A quick check with the VA Dept. of Transpotation Automated Phone Service, and I was on an alternate route. It's strange. I grew up in the Midwest, learned to drive in the Midwest, learned to drive in snow, you'd think I would be sanguine about it. But ever since my cross country trip and my three days trying to get through a major winter storm in the Northern California mountains, if I never see snow or ice again on a road, it will suit me fine!

Ugh! Moan, moan. Bitch, bitch.

Friday, I fly out (I now hate to fly.) to Kalamazoo, MI (More snow! Ugh!) to spend a week working on my play, working up to a reading at the end of the week, and there are all these things I have to do before then, not the least of which is write two midterm exams to be given in my absence.

Okay. Breathe. Breathe. Maybe I'd better give this whole "Effectively Working Seven Days a Week" thing a second thought. Something's got to give ... but I like everything that I'm doing.

Better than hating everything and feeling I couldn't get out of it. I've been there.

Alright. Enough freaking. I'm going to bed, and then I'm going to get up fresh and work on these midterms before going into the wine shop.

3 Comments:

Blogger feecaro said...

Wow, CJ, a reading in MI! Do tell do tell!

We really need to talk, you know, in person, like on the telephone.

Wishing you well on your trip,
C

12:35 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Very cool! Keep us updated!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear about the Michigan thing. As they breathlessly sing in Leader of the Pack (and I Never Loved Eva Braun, and Earthgirls Are Easy):

Give us more details!

And, um, call us back sometime. I can only leave so many messages until I feel that your number has been disconnected....

:)lee

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home