Stalled Well That Ends Well
We are now a week from our first audition. That's a week of emailing, calling, and cajoling people (and one incident of out and out begging), and we are still three to four important male parts away from having a cast. Things are looking grim in Shakespeare Town.
I'm not quite sure what it is. I suspect that it's a combination of things:
Oh well. We'll see what Thursday brings.
I'm not quite sure what it is. I suspect that it's a combination of things:
- We're competing with: All My Sons at Live Arts, which is about to go into production; someone's version of Anna Karenina; Live Arts's Summer Theatre Festival (three plays in all); Live Arts's upcoming production of Urinetown; and New Lyric Theater's production of The Pirates of Penzance, which would start rehearsal during our production run.
- It's the summer, and people go away in the summer.
- It's Shakespeare and some actors are scared by Shakespeare (some rightfully so)
- Four County summer Shakespeare takes a lot of work, and their volunteer base is worn out.
- and (Everyone say it with me) "Three dollars a gallon! Three dollars a gallon!" The trip up 20 North to Barboursville is not quite as appealing anymore.
Oh well. We'll see what Thursday brings.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home