Sunday, February 05, 2006

Drug Bust

Man, these anti-biotics are badass. For my first round of Strep, I was given Omoxicillin, what I'm led to believe is a common, low grade anti-biotic. A medical friend of mine once described it as the drug that doctors prescribe when people don't really need drugs, i.e., got a patient with a virus or some other condition that they just have to wait out, but who really wants you to do something? Give 'em Omoxicillin. It won't help, but it won't hurt either. I did a ten day course with three pills a day. It was a good 3-4 days before I felt markedly better. Now this drug, I don't even remember the name, Advancium or something like that, it's something else. Apparently it has Omoxicillin in it but it's mixed with some acid that helps it or strenghtens it. It's like the Omoxiciillin shock troops. These are for ten days again, but only two times a day, and by the second day I was where I was on Day Four of the other stuff.

So it's kind of like the first round were INS officers checking for papers.

"Hey you."
"Yes, sir?"
"Any illegal bacteria working back here."
"Oh no, sir. Nothing but us normal cells."
"Hm. You don't look like a cell, son."
"Oh, I am. I'm a ... a spleen cell. You know the spleen. We all look kind of wacky down there."
"Well, if you see anything suspicious, let us know."

These are like FBI troops doing a house-to-house, warantless search.

BAM! BAM! BAM!
"Wake up! It's the ANTI-BI! I want all illegal biotics on the ground with your hands over your heads!"
"Oh, shit! It's the Drugs! Get the kids! Get the kids!"
CRASH!
"ANTI-BI! Get on the ground! Get on the ground!"
"Don't shoot! Don't shoot! We're from the spleen!"
"Yeah, screw that, Achmed!" PSHT! "Yeah, sir? We've got another Terrorstrep cell working here. Proceeding with removal and summary execution."

I feel like America - Every day a little more Phlegm free with the Power of Pride.