Court Day
What a weekend this has been! (My weekends are Sunday and Monday.)
Yesterday, I moved. I've been packing for weeks culminating in a mad push Saturday night to meet with the movers at 9:00 a.m. They charged me both an arm and a leg, but it was worth it to not have to carry my shit out of my house, into a vehicle, out of a vehicle, up a flight of stairs, and into my new apartment. Execise bike - didn't have to lift it. Couch - didn't have to lift it. Matching chair - you know, oh yeah! Another great thing about it was it's provided me with ample distraction over the last 48 hours to keep me from worrying about my court date ... today.
I'll make this fast since I'm typing at a library computer (and have 26 minutes remaining).
Just got back from court. It ran exactly as my lawyer predicted it would - conviction for selling alcohol to a minor, no jail time, $100 fine, $50 suspended in a nod to extenuating circumstances. So I paid $50 in fines ... and $66 in court costs. (Oy vey!)
I'll give a blow-by-blow of the trial once I get Internet access set up at my new apartment.
Yesterday, I moved. I've been packing for weeks culminating in a mad push Saturday night to meet with the movers at 9:00 a.m. They charged me both an arm and a leg, but it was worth it to not have to carry my shit out of my house, into a vehicle, out of a vehicle, up a flight of stairs, and into my new apartment. Execise bike - didn't have to lift it. Couch - didn't have to lift it. Matching chair - you know, oh yeah! Another great thing about it was it's provided me with ample distraction over the last 48 hours to keep me from worrying about my court date ... today.
I'll make this fast since I'm typing at a library computer (and have 26 minutes remaining).
Just got back from court. It ran exactly as my lawyer predicted it would - conviction for selling alcohol to a minor, no jail time, $100 fine, $50 suspended in a nod to extenuating circumstances. So I paid $50 in fines ... and $66 in court costs. (Oy vey!)
I'll give a blow-by-blow of the trial once I get Internet access set up at my new apartment.
2 Comments:
Yay! Not at all bad. I'm so glad court went well and it's all over now.
I find the idea of getting someone else to move one's exercise bike amusing.
As esb said, not moving your own exercise bike IS pretty ironic...
Glad the court was cheaper (if less fun) than a dinner at a fancy restaurant.
Absolutely sad that, needing to move, you chose to move within the same town that has you working in retail and hauling you to court for doing that retail job. Double Plus Grrrr.
-Lee
Post a Comment
<< Home