Thursday, January 05, 2006

Better Living Through Chemistry

So, against all hope I thought I would at least try to rest. Maybe I would be so worn out that I would drift off despite the pain. And what do you know, the pain drugs kicked in pretty much right after I closed my eyes. It's the weirdest thing. Every time I swallow, I can feel the twinge that's supposed to be the pain, and then something steps in and says, "Nope. Nuh-huh. Sorry, none of that here. Go on with your business." And that's it. Also, when I bite down with my teeth, I can't really feel them. Other than that, everything else feels normal. I can still feel little aches and pains in my body, the same as before.

But this is great. I haven't felt this good in days.

Except ... well ... a strange side effect is that I'm stone cold awake. So much for resting. Cards anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home