Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Katrina Free Zone

The other day when I was writing about how I didn't know what to write about, one of my wonderful friends suggested (and it was a good suggestion) that I could (or maybe should) throw in my two cents about Hurricane Katrina's devestation of New Orleans. Well, I've thought about that, and as I've said, albeit parenthetically, it was a good suggestion, I've decided that the best course of action for me to take is to keep my big, fat, mouth shut about anything related to Katrina.

I'm sure many people will celebrate this stance and wonder why I haven't and/or don't follow it on other matters. Who knows? Maybe this will start a much needed trend. Plus with all the news coverage and, more importantly, all the blog coverage, I don't know what I could possibly offer in the way of help for victims or families of victims or rescue workers or families of rescue workers or politicians or families of politicians or aghast bystanders or families of agahst bystanders that would be significant ... other than offering nothing, which I could do easy and am very good at.

So, if there are people who, I won't say "are sick of" 'cause that's a level of calous hearltessness that I don't need visiting my blog, but if there are people who need ... a respite, shall we say, from this horrible, horrible tragedy, then I am at your service. If you just need a break, a place to catch your wind, this blog is a safe harbor for you. This blog is a Katrina Free Zone, a place where people (and people's families) can come and feel safe from any discussions or finger pointing or speculating or grieving about devestated, disenfranchised, pathetic, poor Black people.

In that regard, I find it strange to realize that my blog has become the perfect blog for George W. Bush. But, that's fine. It's an unforeseen consequence, but one I am not ashamed of. So if everyone will give me a moment to address the main man, directly ...

Mr. Bush, if you need a blog to read that's going to get your mind off of Katria, this is the one. It is totally safe for you, New Orleans-wise, 24 hours a day. And I hardly use any big words at all. (The whole "albeit" and "parenthetically" above was really fluke. Ask anyone.)

I may, however, talk about butt-fucking every once and a while. It's not a frequent occurence or anything, I just thought I should warn you. You'll get no "Katrina", but you may get the occasional "butt-fucking", in, for instance, statements like, "With his new War On Pornography, I imagine George W. Bush has become very interested in butt-fucking." or "I'm sure Mr. Bush is eager to look into some butt-fucking." or "Even though his name is 'Bush', aides say that this week he's focusing on butt-fucking." and even "I wonder if George W. Bush and Laura Bush are butt-fucking right now." All those statements might be said in this blog ... but nothing about Katrina. Knock yourself out Mr. Bush. And good luck with all that butt-fucking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee. Hee, hee, hee. @#$#@*@& ha, ha, ha!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home