Given Away
So I just heard this public service announcement (Suddenly, I realize that being able to read it is not going to take you where I went, so try to pay attention not to what is written but to what it sounds like. Maybe try reading it out loud to get where I went to here.) ...
"Here at Vounteers of America, we don't just give kids a way to stay off the streets ..."
And my immediate thought is, "Shouldn'that be, 'we don't just give kids away to keep them off the streets ...'?"
And my very next thought was, "Who are they giving kids away to to keep them off the streets?" And for a brief moment I had a vision of some weird "George W. Bush/Oliver Twist/Neo-Victorian" thingy.
The way my mind works ...
"Here at Vounteers of America, we don't just give kids a way to stay off the streets ..."
And my immediate thought is, "Shouldn'that be, 'we don't just give kids away to keep them off the streets ...'?"
And my very next thought was, "Who are they giving kids away to to keep them off the streets?" And for a brief moment I had a vision of some weird "George W. Bush/Oliver Twist/Neo-Victorian" thingy.
The way my mind works ...
1 Comments:
Oh, that is hilarious!
Post a Comment
<< Home