Stuck in the Middle With Me
Things I cannot blog about:
1. Any dirt dished on working at the wineshop or with its people since apparently Waldo links to my blog, leaving it open to all of Charlottesville.
2. Any dirt dished on working on Noises Off for the same reason and also just 'cause you're supposed to talk up the show you're working on. (Go see it!)
3. New Orleans, because everyone else in the whole goddamned country is blogging about New Orleans, and unlike them, I have nothing interesting to say about it other than "... So wait. Let me understand. The city actually flooded?"
Ah, but what else is there to my life these days? Nothing much. Not only does time seem to be less flexible, but ... well time time is less flexible so I'm doing little else other than go to work and then to rehearsal and then vegging out whenever I can to milk every moment I get that I'm neither at work nor rehearsal. How do people work with worse schedules? How do people with jobs and kids and spouses ever survive without time to themselves? No wonder most people are mean and petty behind a thin veneer of civility.
1. Any dirt dished on working at the wineshop or with its people since apparently Waldo links to my blog, leaving it open to all of Charlottesville.
2. Any dirt dished on working on Noises Off for the same reason and also just 'cause you're supposed to talk up the show you're working on. (Go see it!)
3. New Orleans, because everyone else in the whole goddamned country is blogging about New Orleans, and unlike them, I have nothing interesting to say about it other than "... So wait. Let me understand. The city actually flooded?"
Ah, but what else is there to my life these days? Nothing much. Not only does time seem to be less flexible, but ... well time time is less flexible so I'm doing little else other than go to work and then to rehearsal and then vegging out whenever I can to milk every moment I get that I'm neither at work nor rehearsal. How do people work with worse schedules? How do people with jobs and kids and spouses ever survive without time to themselves? No wonder most people are mean and petty behind a thin veneer of civility.
1 Comments:
No political or personal thought?
I've been writing a great deal about New Orleans and this corrupt murderous administration since day 2:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/leemoyer/
I encourge people to read all the facts available and write (their representatives and the press) about this administration's criminal negligence, spin campaign, racism, classism, et al.
You're a writer (and a damned good one).
I hope you are not so beaten down and isolated in "fair" Charlottesville that you've lost your fine nuanced sense of irony and outrage. The people in New Orleans need all the help they can get, and you are one of the people whose words might best help.
Hopeful,
Lee
Post a Comment
<< Home