Saturday, June 11, 2005

Piccolo Spoleto - Day 9

Tonight, we played to three people. That means that we, sitting in the audience, outnumbered the audience. At least those three people were into it unlike last night's crowd, although I did see one guy dozing off during a piece when I was screaming.

Keith has the endearing habit of lifting the toilet lid but not the seat and pissing into the toilet, splattering his urine all over the seat and then leaving it that way without flushing. In my book, if the child has yet to learn basic toilet ettiquette, then his membership in the human race is at question. We will have to have stern words, he and I.

On the plus side, I have found the local Guad Clone and it's not bad. They serve an insane amount of beer for very little money and they seem to have taken an immediate liking to me. In fact, I suspect that they like me because nobody else has been able to finish the large serving of beer. It really is more Dos Equis from a tap than one can reasonably believe. God, do I love college towns! Tonight, for no reason I could descern, they gave me one large glass and in addition to that, a regular glass. I think they just wanted to test my limits. For all I know, they're betting in the back. Someone probably lost money on me tonight.

Oh joy. I just saw the hugest roach in the bathroom. It skittered away before I could kill it. Maybe it'll eat Keith. I want to go home now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Probably not a roach, but a Palmetto Bug. If it was big, that was what it was. They are pretty roach-like though. But they are ubiquitous in SC, spotting one anywhere is not a sign of anything except that you have spotted a Palmetto Bug.

It should be pointed out that the three people who paid to get in all stayed awake through the enite show, laughed a lot, and really enjoyed it. The guy dozing off in the back row was Bo, who frequently dozes off during everything he sees at the festival, which is everything. He dozes off mostly because he isn't entirely sober, though much more so last night than when he came to see us the first year we were here.

Sorry about Kieth peeing on your toilet. Stern words are probably in order. Sorry you are having such a crappy time here. Hope that somehow something happens to help you enjoy stuff more. You'll be home day after tomorrow.

On the bright side, which I guess is sometimes hard to see, you're brilliant, your pieces have been brilliant, and your performances equally so. Three people paid to see you who otherwise might never had heard of you...and they liked it. Some people don't even got that to brag about.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Looks like a fat roach but is somewhere around two inches long without antennae? Try being awakened by one of them crawling up your arm - and knowing, even before you open your eyes, what is is because you saw it on the wall before you went to bed. An excellent reason not to move to a tropical region.

2) Nine and doesn't lift the seat or clean up? Do his parents share this bathroom? Why not? Has my friend's son, the only 9-year-old boy I've known closely, completely spoiled me so I have unrealistic expectations of the demographic? Because I promise you, he had impeccable bathroom etiquette even at 8.

3) Hope the rest of the festival goes better. But low attendance must be fairly common at fringe festival events. If you're thinking about Philly's, remember that it was not a proper fringe festival because it did not coincide with a mainstream festival. If the Spoleto festival is going on right now, you're competing with a very big performing arts deal.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home