When the Bits Start to Become Real
So, I'm sitting on the john this morning. I'm wearing a long-sleeve shirt and one elbow is resting on the sink beside me, which has a counter-top of faux-porcelin. See it? So the sink top, when dry, is a little slippery. So, as I sit there, I doze off. I lean on the elbow a little more, which slips off the sink, throwing me forward. Going forward, I am instantly startled awake, and I let out a snort from either the resulting inhale or exhale.
So, once again, take in the whole picture: Guy sitting down (Doesn't have to be on the john if that upsets you.), resting on one elbow. He dozes off. Elbow slips. He starts to go over. He awakens with a start and an audible snort.
So, afterwards I sit there for a minute and then say, "Wow ... that's a comic cliche that I didn't think ever happened in real life."
So, once again, take in the whole picture: Guy sitting down (Doesn't have to be on the john if that upsets you.), resting on one elbow. He dozes off. Elbow slips. He starts to go over. He awakens with a start and an audible snort.
So, afterwards I sit there for a minute and then say, "Wow ... that's a comic cliche that I didn't think ever happened in real life."
1 Comments:
You don't have to be married to someone who wrote a dissertation on sleep to know that means someone really should be better about getting his regular sleep. Sleeping on the toilet is bad. Maybe not as bad as pooping on the bed, but yeah, bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home