Notbacks
Oh well. Either I was much better wife than I gave myself credit for or they were more desperate than I imagined. The Encore! people called me back for callbacks.
I called them back and turned them down, though. First, the money they're offering is pretty low and second, the commitment goes into the fall when I hope to be gainfully employed. Let's hope I don't regret that decision.
Right now, I'm kind of in limbo. I've come back at the start of the UVA Spring Break, and I only found that out when I started contacting the department to say, "Hey, I'm back. Do y' care?" And apparently they don't 'cause no one is there. So I'm writing the last chapter of my thesis, ostensibly about my time at OSF. Also I was applying to jobs until I two friends of mine were gracious enough to look over my letters ... now I don't want to send any more letters out until I can check in with some university resources. Sigh ... not brilliant yet.
I called them back and turned them down, though. First, the money they're offering is pretty low and second, the commitment goes into the fall when I hope to be gainfully employed. Let's hope I don't regret that decision.
Right now, I'm kind of in limbo. I've come back at the start of the UVA Spring Break, and I only found that out when I started contacting the department to say, "Hey, I'm back. Do y' care?" And apparently they don't 'cause no one is there. So I'm writing the last chapter of my thesis, ostensibly about my time at OSF. Also I was applying to jobs until I two friends of mine were gracious enough to look over my letters ... now I don't want to send any more letters out until I can check in with some university resources. Sigh ... not brilliant yet.
1 Comments:
Glad you're back.
Pleased that the Blogginess continues.
Your cold reading skills must (rightly) have impressed - too bad you don't want the gig...
I'm over my head with work until surgery. Annaliese is in Palm Springs. Otherwise, the weather continues charming.
Yours in Bunburyism,
:)Lee
Post a Comment
<< Home