Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Silly Money Thoughts


Got my credit card bill for the ride across country. Very, very poor now.

I don't know. They say that money can't buy happiness, but it seems to me that it gets you a damn sight closer than poverty. I mean, I don't know about you, but a lot of my daily anxieties just go away if I am filthy, filthy, ugly, stinking rich. The song says that money can't buy you love, but it doesn't say that money and love are exclusive? In fact wouldn't you think your chances of getting love increase the more moolah you got?


Well, hang on a mo. To be exact, the song says that money can't buy me love. It never says that it can't buy you love. So maybe you could get some money and the purchase some love. Oh ... but as soon as you thought about what you were doing, that would be it. It's like a weird little paradox. "Money can't buy me love," I say. "But that leaves you in the clear. Go to it!" "Whoopee!" You say, "I'm gonna' buy me some love! Oh, but wait. Money can't buy me love. Darn! Hey, but now you're in the clear." "All right!" say I. "Love here I come! Oh, wait. Money can't buy me love!" And so on and so on.


Well screw love. Just gimme money! But that's the thing, isn't it. I'm not really dedicated to getting money. I've got, like, a kitten's attention for money. Sure I'll think, "Money ... money is good. More money would be better. Should get more money." And then someone will dangle some string in front of me, and I'll go, "Ooo! String! String's always fun!" Well, no more! From here on out ... Hey! I've got a DVD of DS9 that I haven't started watching!

1 Comments:

Blogger bkmarcus said...

One option you haven't entertained is the possibility that the song simply means that money can't buy Paul McCartney love.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home