Friday, January 28, 2005

Grubbin'

Hooray! I found some decent food in Ashland!

I had started to despair, because Ashland so far had struckout on the food front. First off, because of the Festival, there are all of these expensive, chi-chi restaurants that I'm not going to go to. I'm looking for your good, old-fashioned, basic, good, cheap food here. They don't have decent Chinese food. (Strike one!) They don't have decent Mexican. (Strike two!) And they don't have a decent pizza that I have found. (Strike three and heresy!)

Finally, the other night, the director of Babylon took me out for a Get-To-Know-Each-Other dinner. We went to this combination Indian/Middle Eastern/Greek place. I had a very nice Middle Eastern platter with some good falafel. I've also found a main drag with some more food. There's an okay bakery there. There's an Indian restaurant, which I want to try and a bagel shop beside it. And there's Senor Sam's, a quick buritto grill that is Ashland's answer to the good, cheap meal. This place is awesome. They give you a whole lot, for a decent price, and it's tasty ... at least to my low-rent pallette it is.

So, it's good news in that if I want to treat myself, I can, and bad news in that there are now temptations for me to spend my money. Still and all, I'll take the temptations. Hmm ... Speaking of temptation, I think it's time for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home